Wednesday 12 November 2008

Up, Up and Away!



I thought I'd point out the trailer for the next classic Pixar feature 'UP'. Apart from the fact Pixar are the best at producing CGI features in the business, I have another couple of reasons for focusing on it.

Firstly the short animation film I made a couple of years ago 'The Windmill Boy' is centered around a boy who turns his home into a flying machine, so has a similar plot. I love the idea of people living in the sky, so am interested to see how the film progresses on that front.

The second reason I'm interested is because I have just recently produced my very first piece of 2D animation, which includes flying men. The animation which I'll add to the Blog next week is for a pilot for a feature film. The animation is for a dream sequence about a man who imagines he can fly and within the dream there is another guy who is floating in the air attached to balloons.

I can't wait to see 'Up' next summer, and hope it lives up to it's interesting teaser...

No comments: