Friday 14 November 2008

Doritos Ad Entry


I thought I'd add this short piece of animation I made back in May this year. The project came around when an animator friend of mine challenged me to produce a video for a competition to make a 29 second ad for Doritos. I didn't think too much about it when I accepted, but later realised I would have to make sets and models, plus animate while he only had to work at home on the computer!

The project took 8 days to produce, 3 to make all the models and sets, 3 1/2 to animate and 1/2 a day to edit and put the sound down. The idea was knocked together by my best mate Dave Wharram and I over a few beers, while Steve Allen helped with the climbing wall, wire and podium models. In Post production Mankit Lo edited and did the cleaning up, while Leon Benning produced the sound for the project. The commentators voice was performed by my head of Department the wonderful Mr David Bradshaw!

It was a really nice short project, and very enjoyable to make using with the crew who all helped out on my short film. It has definitely made me want to do at least one short film of my own a year from now on!

No comments: