Tuesday 12 May 2009

The joy of local news...



Back in October last year, my local news station asked me to create a short introduction piece of animation for them. They provided me with images of their presenters and the cheesiest of all voice overs and i went to work on it. I produced all of the models and animation, with the help of a wonderful assistant.

I really enjoyed the job, and thought I'd share it here. The two models and set took two full days to produce and the animation took me 10 hours straight to get it finished. The whole project was a lot of fun though, from sculpting the characters to working out the timings and actions, and most of all the animation shoot. I loved working in a team, going through the dope sheet and working through the tracking and development of the scene. Animation is a real team game, although there's plenty of us that like working on their own too. I do love working with other creatives on a project and this projector was one of my favourite jobs.

Having an assistant meant an extra pair of eyes and hands to over see the tracking device, software and dope sheet were the main tasks, but the secondary tasks of tea making and good company are the other important tasks of the role.

No comments: